When people see mold on their bread, fruits, or leftovers, they freak out…but don’t pay enough attention to mold growths in their households. The mold that expands, unencumbered, in dark corners of your home. Without detection and remediation, they can create horrific consequences for you and anyone at your household.
The problem with this mold is that you usually cannot see it. It tends to grow best in dark, damp areas, such as basements, under sinks, and attics. If left untreated, the mold can cause symptoms including allergic reactions, coughing, rashes, nasal congestion, swollen eyes, difficulty breathing, migraines, and the list goes on. But how can you tell if your home has a mold problem?
Unfortunately, warning signs of a mold problem can be the symptoms themselves. If you have unexplained flu-like symptoms or allergic reactions, they may be the result of undetectable mold spores in your walls. The other signs of mold are less harmful and easier to spot. Unpleasant, but mold has a distinct odor you cannot get rid of without the removal of the mold itself. Rotten surfaces and dampness in walls or floors can also be warnings that mold resides on the opposite end.
The best thing to when you detect mold in your home is to call a mold remediation company like ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. We deal with mold in homes on a regular basis and have all the necessary tools to get rid of the horrible mold. A bottle of bleach and hard scrubbing just doesn’t do it. We use infrared technology to detect mold and water stains inside surfaces, have special chemicals to kills the mold, dry ice blasting to remove any last trace, and can even offer to repair any destruction and locate the origin of the water leak that caused the growth. We do a thorough job to keep you and your family safe.