- Wash all residues, including that from eggs or other materials, from the building exterior.
- Remove any debris or food from carpets or interior walls. Scrape or blot carpets and furniture. Do not rub.
- Vacuum glass particles from carpet and upholstery. Do not walk barefoot in the area of glass residue.
- Save any information about the type of liquid that was spread over surfaces.
- Make a list of all damages.
- Do not attempt to remove chemical stains such as ink or paint.
- Do not operate damaged electrical appliances.
- Do not throw away damaged wood chips or other small articles. They might be helpful for repair.
- Do not use household cleaning products on fabrics, upholstery or carpet without consulting your professional cleaner.